Minced Tofu Spread
Use this spread with additional tofu mayonnaise to make
sandwiches and you will get rave reviews. With
crusts removed and sandwiches quartered, you have perfect
tea sandwiches for a reception.
14 ounces firm, fresh tofu
½ cup minced onion
2/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
¼ cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
2 tablespoons peanut butter
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup tofu mayonnaise
- Mash tofu with a potato masher in a large bowl.
- Mince onion in a small food processor. Add parsley and continue processing.
- Add nuts and continue processing until all three ingredients are very fine.
- Make bread crumbs separately in the food processor, by grinding whole grain bread.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with the tofu and mix well.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional analysis per 1/3-cup:
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fiber 2 g
Fat 8.3 g
Sodium 410 mg
Cook's Tip: Save those crusts for your next batch of Minced Tofu Spread!