Red, yellow and green bell peppers are often sold together.
One package I saw was cylindrical and looked like
a traffic light! These peppers are chocked full
of vitamin C and add an appealing array of color. This
breakfast recipe is sure to give you the green light
for a great day!
1 small onion
½ of a green bell pepper
½ of a yellow bell pepper
½ of a red bell pepper
14 ounces fresh, firm tofu
2 teaspoons chicken-style seasoning
¼ teaspoon turmeric
1½ teaspoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon of water
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
salt to taste
- Peel and slice onion in half, then into thin slices.
- Cut peppers into 2 x ½-inch strips; slice tofu into ¼ x 1-inch squares.
- Sauté onions and peppers in oil or steam in water for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu and seasonings and stir to coat.
- Cover and steam for 5 more minutes.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional analysis per 1 cup:
Protein 16.4 g
Carbohydrates 11.3 g
Fiber 3.5 g
Fat 10 g
Sodium 867 mg